Clean Your Dirty Hat
If you like wearing hats to the gym or just out and about then chances are you’ve have a dirty hat or hats. That’s just normal wear and tear of course, but what can you do once it gets dirty? If you try you throw it in the washer you completely ruin the shape of your hat. By then you no longer care that it’s finally clean because you can’t wear it anymore.
So what do you do? I would normally just throw the hat away and move on to the next one. However, I finally found a way to wash my dirty hats without losing it’s shape. There are many ways to clean a dirty hat I’m sure, but this is the method I used and so far it’s been working!
Just follow these steps and you’ll get yourself a clean, smell good hat!
- Powder detergent (I used foca)
- A plastic container large enough for your hat, with a lid
- Warm water, NOT HOT!
- Dirty Hat
- Fill up 2/3 of the container with warm water
- Place hate inside container with water, it should not be squished or compacted when inside, if it is then your container is too small!
- Pour in powder detergent, I didn’t measure how much but I used about 3 spoonfuls of powder and just sprinkled it on top.
- Place the lid on the container and shake your container really well. I mean REALLY well, like your butt should be jiggling if you’re shaking it right.
- Let container sit for at least 2 hours, I cleaned one and let it sit over night so if you forget it, it’s okay.
- After the two hours are up remove the lid and pour out the dirty water, mine was really dirty when I washed my boyfriend’s hat!
- Take out your hat and gently rinse out the hat
- Finally, hang it up to dry!